THE CONFIDENT CHILD
Our children will build confidence in their own ability and those of others. They will be exposed to situations which give them the chance to flourish and celebrate their achievements. They will be optimistic and positive about themselves and their abilities – they will have the self-esteem needed to take risks and test their limitations. In order enable this, we will:
- provide opportunities for children to celebrate their talents both within and beyond school.
- give every child regular opportunity to perform in front of an audience and build their self-esteem.
- ensure every child succeeds and builds on the areas of the curriculum where they have natural talent.
- provide a range of opportunities for children to learn in different ways and places; learning will regularly take place outdoors.
- ensure children learn how to speak with confidence and understand how to express their opinions.
- teach children to use a wide vocabulary and expose them to a depth of language.