THE RESILIENT CHILD
Our children will be resilient learners who do not give up. They will enjoy being challenged and know the range of resources they can draw on in order to overcome any difficulties they are faced with. They will know and understand that failure is part of the learning process and be able to talk about their failures in a positive way. Through this they will be able to tackle the challenges they will face in the later stages of their educational journey confidently. In order to achieve this, we will:
- provide challenge in a safe environment where it is acceptable to fail.
- enable children to deal with conflict and disputes in a supportive way.
- provide a wide range of experiences which enable children to stretch their preconceived limits and learn to keep on trying.
- ensure that children take part in a wide range of competitive sporting activities which stretch their abilities and limitations.
- Give every child the opportunity to learn a musical instrument during their school journey.